Introduction to The Critical Commentator





Increasingly, whilst reading books or newspapers, or listening to the radio or watching the television I have caught myself thinking and commenting on what has been written, heard or seen. 

My outbursts have included:

I don’t think that’s true.

What a ridiculous idea.

What evidence have you got for that?

Who are they?

Don’t be so daft. 

How can you say that?

Thank God someone’s talking sense.

I didn’t know any of this.

Dead right.

These initial comments, and then, hopefully, more considered, critical responses have been aired on all kinds of topics, events and stories that have been reported on, both in this country and abroad. They have exercised the full weight of my horror, joy, curiosity, amusement and bewilderment.

What things? 

People, art, fashion, tax, health and the House of Lords. Education, sport, environmental issues and social media are there too. There are many more. Of course, my comments are the result of my own thoughts, values, beliefs and experiences. I realise that I will have very different reactions to events and stories than other individuals who have heard, read or seen the same items.

Most have comments made after them whilst others do not. Quite often the ones that have no comments do not need them. They speak for themselves or so I believe.

Will anyone be interested in my ramblings? I have no idea but I hope they will cause the same kind of outbursts from you as they did to me!

The images I have used have come through the very useful Art UK website and I trust that I have complied with the copyright minefield.       


                                  

Comments